The Parents’ Association (PA) contributes to the school in a variety of ways. Members of the PA are elected each year during the school’s Open House. Throughout the year, the delegates from each class provide support by organizing field trips, inviting guest speakers and assisting in the social service projects assigned to each class. In conjunction with the Administrative Head, the PA coordinates some school-wide fund raising activities that benefit both the school, through the purchase of necessary resources, and the community at large, through charitable donations. Both the President and Vice-President of the Parents’ Association serve as Members of the Board of Directors.
The primary objectives of the Parent’s Association are to:
- Work cooperatively to help make the educational program successful.
- Help enhance moral values in the school.
- Help enhance the resources that are necessary for the school’s success.
- Stimulate enthusiasm for the school among the student body.
- Help make the school facilities adequate and agreeable for instructional and curricular activities.
- Help create a strong and effective working relationship between parents and teachers.
- Create enthusiasm and encourage initiative taking among the parents.