We will help all of our students succeed by making them active participants in the learning process, encouraging higher-level thinking and reasoning, and ensuring that the school environment is conducive to learning. We are equally committed to providing our students with a strong foundation in moral and spiritual values and to instilling in our students the importance of conserving and preserving our planet.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process
- A successful student creates and uses a variety of thinking and reasoning strategies.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Students learn best when the academic program is delivered using a variety of learning strategies.
School and community context
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
Character Education Beliefs
- Students become well-rounded individuals when teachers, staff members, and parents are committed to working together to provide education in moral values and religion
- Every student should develop ecological awareness to promote the conservation and preservation of the Earth.
- SMS develops empathy and social responsibility through community service to strive for a better world.